Asking for more water - "PLEEEEEASE!"
"Water, I summon thee..."
"WEEEEEEE!!"
And what water-play is complete without a complimentary car wash?
Last year we discovered the joys of Lake Harriet, so this year we were eager to take the girls again. The play structure was not as much of a hit as we had expected, but Madeline loved feeding the ducks (and fish below).
We rode the trolly again - and since it was Father's Day, dads rode for free!
Unfortunately, this summer has seen more than its fair-share of illnesses, too. The girls kept tag-teaming the different bugs, too, so one would get sick first, and just as she was starting to feel better, the other would catch it. That means that the whole time, the girls and I are marooned at home so as not to get friends sick. Caleb has been battling pneumonia during all of this, too. It's strange during the summer, yes, but none-the-less he caught it.
A toddler with a fever of 102.8 is a pitiful sight indeed!
As soon as the girls were healthy, though, we tried to jump right back into our summer activities!
At the end of June, I braved taking the kids to the Children's Museum on my own. It was really fun! I found that I had to become comfortable NOT having eyes on both kids at all times, but no one got into trouble. Well, once or twice Madeline would be playing inside some tunnels (pretend animal dens, ant hills, etc) and she'd get scared and need me to come get her - which was REALLY tough since I had to drag a claustrophobic-toddler in... but for the most part it went well!
Little shopper! (She's holding a tomato)
Taking turns "driving" a bus.
Madeline is a no-nonsense boss.
Experimenting with water!
You can probably imagine just how soaked they got, ESPECIALLY Olivia!
No comments:
Post a Comment