Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Read to me!

Madeline has started a new "game" in the car. We were driving home from food therapy the other day (about 20 minutes from home) and I heard a little voice in the backseat call out "Weee! Go! Go! Go! Crash!" I swear, I don't know where she got that idea from! She thinks it would be a lot of fun, though, because she actually asks me to "crash!"

"I do eye squints, just like Mama used to!"


We're noticing that Madeline is memorizing her books. Of course they're still her favorite activity, and she still wants to be read to ALL THE TIME, but we've seen her "read" well-known pages now, too (usually a word or two per page). For example, one of the books she's enjoying right now is called "The Okay Book" by Todd Parr. Two of the pages read: "It's okay to laugh out loud. It's okay to cry. (with a picture of someone laughing, and someone crying)" Our little girl reads it like this: "Cry. Ha ha ha."

And she still likes to sleep with her head in the corner. Twisted into strange positions. Strange child. :) Gotta love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment