Monday, November 14, 2011

Pretend play

Even though Madeline has been pretty sick this last week (yes, again! We're thinking that we'll stay away from Tiny Town at the mall for a while...) we still find plenty to do. For example, a new favorite is playing dress-up with her costume! She'll find it hiding somewhere and bring it out, begging to wear it:


She loves to wear it, day after day...

So happy!

Along with playing dress-up, she LOVES to wear her shoes... That's right, she carries them around all the time, and will bring them to us to put on her feet. Is she expecting to go outside? Not at all! She just likes wearing them. Oh, and she also likes wearing hats:



And of course, we play with Daddy. I don't know what they're doing here (Is she an astronaut, perhaps? Is she just finding more things that fit on her head?) but she looks like she's having fun!

Caleb discovered that she really enjoys make-shift forts:
(Sorry for the messy face, I didn't notice she needed a nose-wipe until after the picture)


She enjoys moving things around the house. Pretty much anything she can lift, she likes to move! Such as the cat's basket, a package of toilet paper, a jug of distilled water...


She has been getting really into books... as in, REALLY. It got to the point where she only wanted to read books, not play with any of her toys. She's also old enough that she understands that there are real words that go with each page, so she won't read by herself anymore. That means she asks us to read to her pretty much from sun-up to sun-down. I wish I were exaggerating! As a result, I've hidden her books... Now she plays with her toys - imagine that! We do read books before bed, though, which she thoroughly enjoys.


No comments:

Post a Comment