Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Starting solids and making friends

Well, we tried rice cereal! And... she wasn't too impressed with it. She loved the experience - leaned forward for the spoon, very eagerly opened her mouth - but then did not enjoy the taste or texture, or something! The pediatrician recommended trying oatmeal since it tastes better, but she still wasn't crazy about it for a while. Eventually, she seemed to really like the taste and would get pretty excited (even impatient if I took too long to put the spoon in her mouth - she'd grab my hand and bring it close!). It took another week for her to figure out what to do with her tongue, but now she's got it! Here's a picture from her first time with rice cereal:

I took her in for her 6 month check-up and all is well. She's growing, but petite: she's in the 5th percentile for height, 27th percentile for weight. Her head is still the biggest part on her - 35th percentile! I just love those chubby little legs, too...

We still have Baby R come over once or twice a week. The girls are very fascinated by each other, and Baby R has taken to crawling all over Madeline, pulling her hair, and trying to give her kisses! Madeline isn't too fond of her then, but she's been pretty tolerant overall.


I FINALLY finished a project I've been working on: a tag blanket for Madeline. Madeline just LOVES the little tags on clothing, etc (as many babies do) but I've been unable to find a "tag blanket" for her - so I just made one! It's pretty small, the point is that she can snuggle it / play with the tags, not that it'll keep her warm.


(In the picture it's folded over, but it should be a square) One side is pink, fuzzy, and has bumps, the other side is smooth but purple with a little pattern (the "interesting" side to look at for her). As soon as I finished it, she played with it for 15 min straight! Hmm, a bit overdue? I think so!

She is playing more and more every day. She has a blast with Peek-A-Boo, although she hasn't figured out how to do it herself. Here's a video of me and Madeline. By the way, it looks more violent than it really was! Usually we play when she's laying down, too; in the video, she was putting all of her weight on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment