She had fun until she fell over and her mitten came off, thus exposing her hand to the snow. Not her thing. She still loves to watch the snow fall, though, and I'm sure we'll have pleanty of time to get her used to the idea that snow is COLD.
Her food therapy is going really well. We have two sessions left (our health insurance allowed 20 for now), and they're saying she's ready to go it alone! Yay! She now eats (SOME) table food, and is working on learning to chew and move food around in her mouth with her tongue. She won't eat a huge variety yet, but we're just going to have to keep at it. Below is her first time eating cheese noodles! (She doens't like the elbow macaroni, but I made the big shell pasta and added cheese, and she couldn't get enough!)
And of COURSE she LOVES bananas.
She wouldn't be our child if she didn't like her sweets... Daddy shared an oreo with her - I'll let you decide how it went:
In the meantime, we continue to try to schedule playdates (Madeline, Logan and Jenna below):
Madeline's hair has been cut more often than I can count now, but last weekend we took her in for another professional cut. We do plan on growing it out (pigtails look so cute!), but we wanted it cleaned up for the holidays. This time, I took her to a kid's haircut place, and it was much nicer!
Madeline watched "Madagascar" while the stylist worked.
She also got an empty cup to hold, and a sucker to keep her still! What a lucky girl...
Before we left, she even made a friend.
She's saying more words every day, although she mostly babbles (and does so ALL THE TIME). Such a sweetie!
In other news, we've had a bit of drama lately... My dentist noticed some cracks in one of my molars, which meant that I went in for a crown a few weeks ago. For those who've never had a crown, it's usually a two-step process. First they drill away the damaged parts and fit you with a temporary crown, then you come back two weeks later and they "seat" the real crown. I was incredibly nervous, but it all went smoothly... Until the tooth started dying. Apparently, a crack had grown deep enough that it introduced bacteria into the root. Yup, I needed a root canal! It has surprised me, though, how exhausted I feel dealing with the pain, etc. I'm so grateful for antibiotics, painkillers, and modern dentistry! I hope to be back to normal soon.
What a cutie! Gabriella wore that panda bear shirt today... And good luck with your tooth, that sounds awful. :( See you soon!
ReplyDelete