Well, I've been hearing (and reading) a lot about the benefit of good fitness during pregnancy - that it helps significantly with a smoother labor and faster recovery, etc - but have been frustrated because a lot of the suggestions aren't practical! Yes, I'm sure swimming is good, but it's winter in Minnesota! Same with walking, because it's just too cold to stay outside for longer than a few mintues, and let's face it - walking inside the house isn't very interesting. I considered some sort of prenatal fitness class, but they're all too expensive. Some can be $40-50 just for one session! No thanks... Anyway, I started looking into videos, starting with ones offered at the library. It seemed to work out (no pun intended), and then I found "Prenatal Fitness" DVD from Parent's Magazine. I haven't tried it yet but have read some good responses to it and am looking forward to trying it later today! Here's to a fit Mama ;)
Well, I don't have any good pictures of the 13week fetus, I'm now officially in the second trimester! Yay! Now if only the nausea would go away... I'm back to Unisom daily and have found that not being nauseous all the time gives me a little bit more energy back. My next trip to the OBGYN is at 15 weeks, but she'll just be doing blood tests to check on Thumper's health. At 20 weeks I get an ultrasound! Very excited for that.
In other areas, things are going well. Caleb had his yearly review from his boss and it went REALLY well. They're extremely happy with Caleb (who wouldn't be?) and talked about WHEN he is promoted, not IF! He also was told that they believe he would make a good scientist, which is the area he wants to go into. Basically, from where he is now, he has a few options of the direction he can go in. The one he likes is the scientist, who would primarily do research and experiments. I can't remember what the other direction(s) is/are, but the point is that Dow WANTS him to go in the direction he likes, and even talked about him choosing a mentor - one of two guys who have a job that Caleb would LOVE to do someday. There are still frustrations at work, but overall it's great.
We do have some friends coming to visit next week so we're really looking forward to seeing them! Which reminds me - I need to get back to cleaning the house! Hope everyone out there is having a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment