Last week, I took Madeline to the kids' salon to get a hair cut. She was super-still for it (eating a sucker, and watching TV, had a lot to do with that), and the stylist even french braided part of her hair. She was so cute, but there was no way the braid would last through nap time. I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures to document the braid, though!
Think she'll be patient enough to let Mommy practice her french braiding skills??
(I don't think so either)
Looking great!
Lately, she's been showing us her increased capacity for pretend-play. She pretends to feed us her toy food (piece after piece after piece), and she LOVES to interact with her dolls. Sometimes she'll put one in her rocking chair and "sing to the baby," and sometimes she demonstrates her growing capacity for empathy - that is, she'll announce that the baby is crying and give it a hug. Did I mention the baby cries sometimes because she throws it on the ground first? Yeah, that's my child....
Feeding baby! Num num num.
We like to use a washcloth (dry) to "wash" baby. It's a good way to discuss body parts - as in, "Can you wash baby's toes?"
Madeline is becoming very interested in coloring these days. Her favorite part sometimes is using every color available to her, naming each as she uses them. Here's an example of her creations:
Our raspberry plants are producing a TON of fruit these days! Just the other day, Caleb pulled a whole quart off the bush - and that was just one day! (See picture below) Lucky for me, this means he's also making a lot of raspberry desserts. So far he's made a fruit crisp, something called a Russian Creme Custard, and right now we're having a raspberry tart (with creamy filling - soooo yummy). We've even given some of our fruit away to friends because we just can't consume enough. It's a great "problem" to have!
In other news, the pregnancy is progressing fairly well. I'm 23 weeks along (40 weeks brings me to my due date) and definitely feeling bigger this time around! If you will recall, I needed physical therapy for the last five months of my pregnancy with Madeline due to pain in my ribs and back. While I didn't have pain as early on this time, I've resumed PT (physical therapy) for the duration of the pregnancy now. This also means sitting for long periods of time literally is a pain! I'm very grateful for an excellent therapist, and a husband who can come home early from work once or twice a week to stay with Madeline while I'm gone.
For now, I'll leave you with a few Madeline-isms.
-These days, when Madeline is throwing a fit, she's started telling us "Mommy, I crying!"
-Today she talked extensively about a "baseball princess." I don't know where she got the idea for it. Two other favorite topics are pirates and cowboys. Oh yeah, and princesses (of any nature, sports stars or not).
- She loves to dance around the living room, calling out "Mommy says, 'I love you!' Daddy says, 'I love you!'"
-Remember the baby doll in the pictures above? She identifies it as a girl (it came with pink clothes, etc) but has named it Baby Moses. In her defense, she loves to read her picture Bible - and they NEVER talk about baby girls!

No comments:
Post a Comment