Without thinking about it, I've gotten ahead of myself and posted out of order. My last post was about Como Zoo on May 14th, but I didn't write about events from before! So sorry, I'll try not to do that too often. ;) It doesn't help that I have so many photos on our computer (a blessing that we can do that!), it's hard to remember where I left off.
The last weekend in April, we took a quick road trip to Wisconsin to visit some family! Unfortunately, we didn't take pictures, so you'll just have to imagine it. Madeline traveled fairly well and got to spend some more time with her extended family (i.e. my relatives). It's always nice to visit with family, but exhausting none-the-less to travel. I'm trying not to think about how Bean's arrival will complicate traveling in the future! Perhaps if we get that minivan, things will get easier... probably not though. ;)
Last weekend (Mother's Day weekend) Ted and Jan came for a visit! They drove the +9 hours up to see Madeline - I mean, to see all of us. :) All joking aside, it was really nice to see them and we appreciate the effort! Caleb and his dad took some time to go birding (always a family favorite), Caleb took them to the Mall of America and Ikea, we visited the park a few times, and Saturday night we took everyone out for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. The weather was beautiful, and Ted was able to take some great photographs. Here are a few of the favorites:
I'm not sure what she's thinking here, but the expression is so precious!
(We like the tree...)
Madeline enjoyed the extra attention she got, even if she wasn't always in the best of moods, and she asked about Grammie and Grandpa for almost a week afterwards. I showed her some of these pictures and she squealed with delight. "Grammie! Man-in! (Madeline)"
And as long as we're back-tracking....
On Ted's camera, we found a few gems leftover from Christmas. Looking at them now (just 4 or 5 months later) I can't believe how much she's grown!
No comments:
Post a Comment