Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fun Summer Times

I can deny it all I want, but the truth is that summer is coming to an end. We've been trying to take advantage of the nice weather and go outside for walks, playtime, visiting with neighbors, etc.

Madeline enjoys it immensely, although one of her favorite things is to wander off the blanket and explore! 

"Who is coming?"

Our neighbors came by to play! Madeline just loves older kids!

And of course, Daddy joins us outside on weekends!

She's been talking more and more lately. Last week, her favorite new words were "Hi!" (initially it sounded more like "i", but now she puts on the "h" sound) and "wow!" She's also said "all done" and "night-night" a few times, although she still prefers to sign them.

In this video, she was in a chatty mood and was repeating every word we said. By the time I got the camera out, she was just about done cooperating - but you get to hear "Hi" and "wow!"


As I mentioned last time, my brother gave her a new bike/car/walker for her birthday. She loves to show off (she REALLY wants to walk alone!) and has a lot of fun. One day, I moved the toys and coffee table out of the way so I could vacuum. The instant I was done, she grabbed the walker and started cruising around!


These days, she's shown a real preference for everything girly - clothes (she often draps them around her shoulders!), shoes, hair things and headbands, purses or bags, and especially necklaces! You'll noticed that in several of the pictures/videoes she has a necklace draped around her neck. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! (I was very much that way as a kid)

She's been cutting her first-year molars, so she's been somewhat out of sorts for the past few weeks. She currently has five teeth (no molars have cut through yet).

In other news, Caleb and I are celebrating our third anniversary today! We were married on August 23, 2008, in Urbana, IL, on a day that was supposed to rain but turned out surprisingly warm. I thank God for "nudging" us together all of those years ago (started dating Nov '05), and feel immensely blessed to have such a wonderful man as my husband and friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment