Words in Madeline's vocabulary:
Dada
Mama
Cat
Good Girl
Favorite word: CAT!!!
We have several stories that revolve around that word... Several nights ago, Madeline woke up around 2am and needed help going back to sleep (why she woke is a long story, and irrelevant). I was cuddling with her and rocking in the glider when Slate, one of our kitties, jumped up next to us. Madeline got really excited and kept saying "CAT! CAT! CAT!" over and over. Needless to say, she wasn't going to fall asleep like that, so I just put her back in her crib, got Slate out, and let her fall asleep alone. She did. :)
A few days later, she was crawling around in the dining room and I heard "Cat! Cat! Cat!" I assumed one of the kitties was in there with her, and lo and behold, a few minutes later I heard her start giggling and Maddie ran out.
A week ago we spent Friday evening with some friends from Caleb's work. We were at Nick and Lynn's house, and wouldn't you know it - they have two cats too. Madeline loved it there.
Aside from terrorizing cats (ok, she's pretty nice, just excited), she thoroughly enjoys going to the park for our MOPS playdates and going on the swing!
She has a new smile lately: she wrinkles her nose and just looks so darn cute! See exhibit A:
(And, in case you were wondering, we have gotten a swing for her at home now. She tried it out for the first time last night and had a blast!)
No comments:
Post a Comment