I'll cut to the chase first: Here's MADELINE!!!!
Madeline Noelle was born Thursday, July 22 at 7:28pm. She's 6 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches, and is just so darling!!
To fill in the background story, I've been working full time at my nanny job these last few weeks (since the beginning of July, really). Last Friday was my last day, and during last week our church had VBS (Vacation Bible School) directed by none other than Caleb. That meant that all of last week, I was working 8 to 5:30, racing to the church for a quick dinner at 6, then helping out (registration and the "store") at VBS, and finally making it home by 9:30. Yes, quite exhausting! But VBS went so well. We had 52 kids come through (more than last year!), and the kids raised almost $220 for their kids-missions-project. We are just so pleased with how things turned out. We're still working on getting copies of pictures, but it was a great success.
This Monday evening, Caleb's sister Rebecca and her family came to visit. This is the sister who lives in China, and her two kids were our ring bearer and flower girl in the wedding. They stayed with us through Wednesday morning, and we had great fun seeing them. The kids had LOADS of energy, and it was just great to see them - we hadn't seen them for a year and a half (xmas of '08)!
On Monday morning, I saw my doctor and was told I was already 2 cm dialated. Monday night I started getting regular contractions. I've been experiencing sporadic contractions (both Braxton Hicks contractions and just very mild regular ones) for several months, but the ones on Monday were steady - just not close enough to warrent a hospital visit. What this meant is that, starting Monday night, I wasn't able to get any sleep! When contractions are 10-15 minutes apart (or even 25-30 on Tuesday night), there's no sleeping! Anyway, Wednesday night the contractions started coming a lot faster, so at 4:30 Thursday morning Caleb and I rolled into the hospital. By 10am the contractions were right ontop of one another, I hadn't dialated any more, and I was in full back labor! An epidural and SEVERAL hours later, Madeline was born at 7:28pm. She came out with a cone head, too!
She is just the sweetest baby though - didn't even cry when she was born, just kind of cooed, gurgled, and watched everyone as they cleaned her off.
She is just so perfect, we feel incredibly blessed. God is great! Anyway, we'll be in the hospital for two days, so we'll get to go home on Saturday. Caleb is so ecstatic to be a dad; we can't wait to have her all to ourselves!
No comments:
Post a Comment