A common view along any coast.
We went to the Volcanic National Park - behind Caleb is the active volcano! Just spewing steam though.
We saw a number of sea turtles, even had one swim next to us!
We saw so many beautiful waterfalls and forests!
We went to a luau the last night; yummy food, great entertainment, and good clean fun!
We had Easter at our house, so my mom, Sarah, Dennis, and Mary came for supper. We also played a game of Bible Trivia and had some good laughs. It was beautiful weather, too - nicer than we normally have for April. Thanks, Lord! :)
As I write this I am 29 weeks pregnant (30 next Monday!!). My back and rib pain has been a real problem for the last month or so, but its started to get better lately. My physical therapist can work wonders - she's been able to help me a lot. It was getting incapacitating for a bit there! I still am having some pain, but I'm at least able to function, go to work, etc. And sit down long enough to write my blog. :)
Thumper is developing very well. He/she is about 16" from head to toe and a good 2.5 lbs. Baby has started opening his/her eyes again and can see light through the womb! He/she can recognize my voice and Caleb's! The kicks are so strong sometimes, it really feels like baby is turning my guts into mush. You can also watch my belly and see it move as baby shifts! Very fun.
At this point, everything has developed and baby is just growing and adding layers of fat. If Thumper were to be born right now, the lungs are developed enough that, with help, survival is about 90% and there would be little chance of long term disabilities. Not that the baby is coming early, though! Just interesting to know. My belly is finally big enough now that people aren't privately wondering if I'm pregnant - now they feel comfortable asking when I'm due. Everyone still tells me that I don't look 6 1/2 months pregnant, but oh well! Maybe my next goal for the blog will be a belly picture...
As I write this I am 29 weeks pregnant (30 next Monday!!). My back and rib pain has been a real problem for the last month or so, but its started to get better lately. My physical therapist can work wonders - she's been able to help me a lot. It was getting incapacitating for a bit there! I still am having some pain, but I'm at least able to function, go to work, etc. And sit down long enough to write my blog. :)
Thumper is developing very well. He/she is about 16" from head to toe and a good 2.5 lbs. Baby has started opening his/her eyes again and can see light through the womb! He/she can recognize my voice and Caleb's! The kicks are so strong sometimes, it really feels like baby is turning my guts into mush. You can also watch my belly and see it move as baby shifts! Very fun.
At this point, everything has developed and baby is just growing and adding layers of fat. If Thumper were to be born right now, the lungs are developed enough that, with help, survival is about 90% and there would be little chance of long term disabilities. Not that the baby is coming early, though! Just interesting to know. My belly is finally big enough now that people aren't privately wondering if I'm pregnant - now they feel comfortable asking when I'm due. Everyone still tells me that I don't look 6 1/2 months pregnant, but oh well! Maybe my next goal for the blog will be a belly picture...
No comments:
Post a Comment