I really do mean to post here more often, I guess time really gets away from me still! I'm 18 weeks now and the nausea FINALLY seems to have disappeared! Yay, thank you Lord! That also means that I have a (little) bit more energy now, for which I am also thankful. I have also scanned in the picture of the first ultrasound of Thumper, back when I was 6 weeks:
The black bean-shape is the womb, and the little white dot is Thumper! Caleb and I even saw a white flicker inside the dot - the heartbeat! It was amazing. Anyway, at the time Thumper was only the size of a grain of rice (all of these food analogies bother Caleb a little, lol). Now, at 18 weeks, the baby is almost 7 oz and roughly 5 1/2 inches from head to rump (note: not head to feet!). In two weeks I'll be 20 weeks along and will be due for another ultrasound. At that point, Thumper will be as big as a banana (head to butt, again)! Amazing... How can anyone experience the miracle of a pregnancy and not be overwhelmed by the presence of God?
Well, the weather seems to be warming up lately. I still think it'll be another month before all of the snow is melted, especially the gigantic mound the snow plows pushed onto our yard. A few weeks ago I was amazed at how much snow we had so I took some pictures (below). It may not look like a ton of snow, but that part of the deck is somewhat sheltered from the wind, etc, so it was deeper elsewhere! I half expected the (GLASS) table to break under the weight... It didn't though, Mom! No worries!
We have officially booked our "babymoon," taking advantage of our frequent flier miles and the fact that this will be one of the last times we can take a vacation without kids. We're pretty excited and looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the sunshine.
Not much else to report, perhaps more later. For now, I need to finish making the brownies - Caleb's birthday is tomorrow and I made some cream cheese brownies for him to take into work! Yum, and of course we'll enjoy some ourselves. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment